The Learning Community has identified three strategic priorities for 2017-2019. These priorities are:
- Indigenous Youth
The purpose of the Housing Working Group is to support organizations and communities to better respond to the housing needs of youth within their local context.
The Housing Working Group has the following outcomes for the 2016-2019 Strategic Plan of the Learning Community:
- Inform the National Housing Strategy
- Knowledge mobilization of promising practices on youth housing
- Support the Housing First for Youth Framework
The purpose of the Indigenous Youth Working Group is to support youth service providers to develop policies and procedures that create/maintain/enhance/strengthen safe and welcoming space for youth program participants.
The Indigenous Youth Working Group has the following outcomes for the 2017-2019 Strategic Plan of the Learning Community:
- Develop an environmental scan of cultural safety and diversity resources and tools; researched cross cultural education/training options; compiled policies/procedures that promote inclusivity.
- Design knowledge/training modules that create/celebrate inclusivity; drafted a resource that shares “welcoming” and other signs in the multiple languages of participants. Have compiled literature related to inclusive staff hiring and retention strategies.
The purpose of the Prevention Task Force is to support organizations shift towards implementing a prevention philosophy and framework.
The Prevention Task Force has the following outcomes for the 2017-2019 Strategic Plan of the Learning Community:
- Consult on the Youth Prevention Framework
- Design key messages for Learning Community members to use
- Support youth-serving organizations and communities with tools & resources
- Design a change management guide for organizations who want to shift towards prevention work